What was your favorite comfort food from childhood?

11

This may sound gross to most people but if you try it, I'm sure that you'll love it.

To get me to drink more milk, my mom concocted this: Break up thin pretzels in a tall glass, add two teaspoons of sugar, one teaspoon of vanilla extract and fill with milk. Eat the pretzels with a spoon and drink the milk. The pretzels tasted better when they got soggy and it was soooooo goooooood.

To this day, when I'm in a sour mood, I make moms "pretzels in milk".

PJ Stein
PJ Stein commented
Yes it does sound gross. I love milk so that makes it worse for me. Wasn't Nestle Quik around when you were a kid?
Ancient Hippy
Ancient Hippy commented
Yep. The old broad turns 90 this year and still calls me Billy.
Ancient Hippy
Ancient Hippy commented
Gator, to this day, I still can't drink a glass of milk, it just grosses me out. I love milk on cereal and in my coffee though.
spunky monkey Profile
spunky monkey answered

My childhood comfort food was mac and cheese yummi 😋

Fig Newtons. One of the few memories I have of my grandfather is eating Fig Newtons and watching TV, and laughing.

Kioyre S. Profile
Kioyre S. answered

When my parents often weren't around, my aunt would take my sister and me to the park and I always made the same snack to eat on the way there. It was a sandwich with nothing but honey between the two slices of bread. It was awfully sticky and sweet - just how I liked it! :D Not so much anymore lol

Anonymous