Anonymous

How Many Limes Does It Take To Make 1 Cup Lime Juice?

7

Monica Stott Profile
Monica Stott answered
  • How many limes does it take to make 1 cup of juice?

It takes a surprising amount of limes to make a whole cup of juice, particularly as limes are small in comparison to other fruits. The average amount of limes to make a cup of juice is approximately 6 but there are many variables that could change this number.

• What are the variables that could change how many limes it takes?

Depending on how you squeeze the juice can make a massive difference. If you are squeezing the juice by hand you will not get as much juice out of the lime. If you are using an electronic juicer you will get much more juice out of it.

The size of the lime will obviously make a difference as will the freshness. A fresh and perfectly ripe lime will be much juicier than an old lime or a lime that is not quite ripe.

• What can I use lime juice for?

It is not recommended that you drink lime juice on its own as it is extremely acidic, tangy and unpleasant by itself. It is nice if you add a little sugar and something to dilute it such as lemonade, soda, tonic water or regular water. You could also add other fruit juices such as orange juice, lime juice, watermelon, kiwi, strawberries, raspberries or blueberries to give your fruit juice an extra kick.

Lime juice can also be used in many cooking recipes such as key lime pie and it is also a great substitute for salad dressings. Lemon or lime juice on salads gives a refreshing flavor and has very few calories so it is much healthier that creamy calorie laden salad dressings.
I guess it depends on the size/freshness of the lime. I make limeade on a regular basis and 1 lime will produce approx 1/8 cup of juice - so I'd try 4 or 5. Make sure limes are fresh and roll them well before cutting to juice
Mary Nielsen Profile
Mary Nielsen answered

It takes about 4 to 5 medium sized limes to fill my glass of juice, but I am using currently the best citrus juicer on the market. The Breville one, it is very simple to use and it saves me money by providing me with more juice from citrus fruit. But if you are using some lower quality juicer then you can expect 6-7 limes to be used to fill a glass :)

Anonymous