The Golden Corral restaurant chain proudly offers diners across America a wide selection of meals from its choice of hot and cold dishes. Customers can choose from the carvery, the salad cart or the grill for breakfast, lunch or dinner, depending on their appetite or the time of day. The eateries have gone from strength to strength in a reasonably short period. Here are some basic facts about Golden Corral restaurants.
- The chain of restaurants originated in the North Carolina region in the early 1970s.
- It was William Carl and James Maynard who came up with the idea for a reasonably priced family diner and acquired the franchise in 1972.
- The first Golden Corral restaurant was opened in 1973 in the town of Fayetteville, North Carolina.
- The firm's second property opened in Raleigh, North Carolina just three months after the first diner opened its doors.
- By 1987 the company had over 500 restaurants open to the public and it was at this time that the founders decided to begin franchising properties.