You can make toffee from Golden Syrup by following the simple recipe below.
- 2 cups butter
- 3 cups sugar
- 1/3 cup water
- 1/4 cup Golden Syrup
How to make the toffee
- Place a large pan on medium heat.
- Add all of the water, sugar, butter and Golden Syrup to the pan.
- Melt the ingredients together, making sure you stir the mixture regularly.
- Increase the temperature and bring the mixture to a boil.
- Once the mixture has been boiling for a couple of minutes you should take it off the heat and instantly pour it onto a foil covered tray.
- Coat the foil evenly with toffee.
- Leave to stand for around 10 minutes.
- Cut the toffee into evenly sized pieces and leave to set for a while longer.
- Once the toffee has cooled down you can snap it along the lines you cut.
That's all there is to it. You've just created some delicious toffee using Golden Syrup.