It's a type of jelly made from transparent strands of seaweed. Sort of greenish-yellowish in colour, but looks yummy (:
Seaweed Jelly Recipe(Burmese Desserts & Drinks)Ingredients :7 g4 cups1/2 cupAgar-agar strandsCoconut milkSugarFew drops rose flavoringMethod :
- Soak the strands of agar-agar in cold water overnight or at least 1 hour.
- Drain and measure. There should be 1 1/2 cups, loosely packed.
- Put the strands and coconut milk into a saucepan and stir constantly while bringing to the boil.
- Add sugar and keep stirring and simmering for 15 to 20 minutes, or until all the strands are completely dissolved.
- Flavor to taste.
- Pour into dish rinsed out with cold water and allow to set.
- Cut into squares.
- This is a very firm jelly and can be picked up with the fingers.