- 3 1/2-4 pounds ripe persimmons
- 2 cups water
- 3 steps lemon juice
- 1 package powdered fruit pectin
- 1/2 cup honey
- Wash persimmons and remove blossom end. Place in a 6- to 8-quart stainless steel or enamel saucepan. Add water. Bring mixture to a rolling boil.
- Mash persimmons, reduce heat and simmer 10 minutes. Remove from heat. Press pulp through a strainer to remove pits and measure 3 cups pulp. Stir in lemon juice and pectin and bring mixture to a rolling boil. Stir in honey all at once and let mixture return to a full rolling boil that can't be stirred down. Boil for 1-2 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Do a jelly test and, when firm enough, ladle into hot, scalded 1/2-pint jars. Leave a 1/4-inch headspace and seal.
- Process for 5 minutes in a boiling water bath.