Anonymous

How Is Bread Produced?

2

Oh. Nowadays there are a lot of recipes. Personally I prefer to purchase handmade European bread and other bakery items. When we visited my uncle in Florida a few weeks ago, we chose to buy artisan baked goodies from the Edelweiss bakery, it is one of the best in city. That is something I haven't experienced in a long time. Have you ever had the opportunity to sample real handmade bread?

Lakshmipriya Nair Profile
Bread is a very important invention despite its simplicity. It is uncertain as to who invented and baked it for the first time but undeniable that it is very important. The most important discovery about bread production was made in Egypt some 3500 years back. Therefore Egyptians were called Bread eaters by the Greeks. There are different types of bread like Whole Wheat Bread, Pumpernickle and Rye Bread, Salt raising bread etc. It is the product of baking a mixture of flour, water, salt, yeast and other ingredients.

The basic process involves mixing of ingredients until the flour is converted into a stiff paste or dough, followed by baking the dough into a loaf. Conventional bread production is done through various products like the measurement of ingredients, mixing and kneading them properly, fermentation, baking and then cooling it.

Anonymous