What is in your favorite meat loaf recipe? (πŸ™‚)

8

3lbs of ground beef, 2 eggs, 2 teaspoons of onion soup mix, tiny amount of crushed Rosemary, Italian flavored bread crumbs, salt and pepper, dash of milk. Topped with catsup mixed with brown sugar for the last 10 minutes of baking.

dragonfly forty-six Profile

From my mom in law.

2-4 pounds ground beef

1 packet lipton onion soup mix

1 16 ounce Sour cream

2 eggs

Mix together and put in a loaf pan. 375 degrees about an hour to hour and 15 minutes. Depending on the amount of ground beef. Let sit for at least 15 minutes before slicing.

dragonfly forty-six
Don't go too lean on the meat. At least half of your meat should be 80/20 ground beef. The rest can be sirloin or turkey. If the meat is too lean it will be a very dry meatloaf.
Yin And Yang
Yin And Yang commented
This is good to know! I would have used the 93/7

Italian meat loaf

Mix Italian sausage and ground beef (I don't eat beef so I substitute one 14oz pkg. Of ground turkey,  and 2 turkey Italian sausages ), 1 egg, and a 1/2 cup of Italian bread crumbs. Roll out to the width of loaf pan and long enough to roll 1.5 times. On top of that put a 1/2 can of diced tomatoes, 1 cup shredded mozzarella, and 1/2 cup shredded parmesan cheese. Roll it up like a jelly roll and put in loaf pan. Top with your favorite pasta sauce and more shredded mozzarella. Bake at 350 for about 40 minutes. 

*Measurements are "guesstaments". I just add to it looks or feels right. 

Otis Campbell Profile
Otis Campbell answered

Shine meat spices bake it at350 for a hour its a yummy

Ingredients
  • 1 cup panko breadcrumbs (Note 1)
  • 1 large onion , grated (brown, yellow)
  • 1 kg / 2 lb ground beef (mince) , preferably not lean
  • 2 eggs
  • 3 garlic cloves , minced
  • 1 tsp Worcestershire Sauce
  • 1/4 cup tomato ketchup
  • 1/4 cup chopped parsley (optional), or 2 tsp dried parsley or basil
  • 1 tsp dried thyme
  • 2 beef bouillon cubes , crumbled or 2 tsp beef powder (Note 2)
  • 1 tsp black pepper

MEATLOAF GLAZE:
  • 1/2 cup tomato ketchup
  • 2 tbsp cider vinegar
  • 1 tbsp brown sugar , lightly packed

Instructions
  • Preheat oven to 180C/350F. Oil or spray a loaf tin. (Note 3)

• Glaze: Mix together in a small bowl. Set aside.

• Meatloaf: Place breadcrumbs in a very large bowl. Grate over onion. Mix so the breadcrumbs are all wet. (Note 4)

• Add remaining ingredients. Mix well using your hands. Form into a loaf shape, pinching together then smoothing over creases and cracks (helps prevent cracks during baking).

• Transfer into loaf tin. Brush generously with glaze, using about 1/2.

• Bake for 45 minutes. Remove from oven and brush with most of the remaining glaze. If there is excess fat pooling, scoop/pour it off.

• Bake for a further 30 minutes. Remove from oven.

• Stand for 10 minutes before turning out and cutting into thick slices. You will probably get a bit of crumbling just on the edges of the first couple of slices, this is normal and indicative of the tenderness of the meatloaf (zero crumble indicates firm packed harder meatloaf which isn't as enjoyable!).

• Ideal served with a dollop of ketchup, creamy mashed potatoes and steamed vegetables.

I want to cook like a chef, it’s my little dream. What are the best online cooking courses? Who can recommend any? By the way, I was looking for new kitchen knives, those must-have for every cook and came across this website https://kniferr.com/ . It's a real find for everyone.

Anonymous