What is in your favorite meat loaf recipe? (🙂)

3lbs of ground beef, 2 eggs, 2 teaspoons of onion soup mix, tiny amount of crushed Rosemary, Italian flavored bread crumbs, salt and pepper, dash of milk. Topped with catsup mixed with brown sugar for the last 10 minutes of baking.

Veronica Dultry Profile
Veronica Dultry answered

From my mom in law.

2-4 pounds ground beef

1 packet lipton onion soup mix

1 16 ounce Sour cream

2 eggs

Mix together and put in a loaf pan. 375 degrees about an hour to hour and 15 minutes. Depending on the amount of ground beef. Let sit for at least 15 minutes before slicing.

Veronica Dultry
Veronica Dultry commented
Don't go too lean on the meat. At least half of your meat should be 80/20 ground beef. The rest can be sirloin or turkey. If the meat is too lean it will be a very dry meatloaf.
Yin And Yang
Yin And Yang commented
This is good to know! I would have used the 93/7

Italian meat loaf

Mix Italian sausage and ground beef (I don't eat beef so I substitute one 14oz pkg. Of ground turkey,  and 2 turkey Italian sausages ), 1 egg, and a 1/2 cup of Italian bread crumbs. Roll out to the width of loaf pan and long enough to roll 1.5 times. On top of that put a 1/2 can of diced tomatoes, 1 cup shredded mozzarella, and 1/2 cup shredded parmesan cheese. Roll it up like a jelly roll and put in loaf pan. Top with your favorite pasta sauce and more shredded mozzarella. Bake at 350 for about 40 minutes. 

*Measurements are "guesstaments". I just add to it looks or feels right. 

Anonymous