Anonymous

If I Have 3 Cups Of Rice, How Much Water Do I Add To My Rice Cooker?

>>Rice is usually 2-1  2 parts water to  1 part rice so it would be 6 cups water to 3 cups rise (read the direction's on the bag or box it should tell you but if you have thrown it away, use that for a guideline.)

Thats is true as a general rule of thumb, for small qauntities.. But if you cook 6 cups of water with 3 cups of rice you are going to end up with rice pudding before 3 are even evaporated. The water ratio goes down as the rice goes up. Remember all that really cooks the rice is a good amount of steam. If you have 1 cup of white rice 1 3/4 cups of water is perfect. If you have 2, 3 1/4 will do. For 3, about 3 3/4 is perfect.
William Hook Profile
William Hook answered

Hi,

For Rice to be cooked in Pressure Cooker you should take comparatively less water than what is required in a pan with a lid. Usually, we take, 2 cups of water in 1 cup of rice but for Pressure Cooker, we take 1 and a half cup of water in 1 cup of rice. For 3 cups of rice, add 4 and a half cup of water in Cooker.

Rice is usually 2-1 2 parts water to 1 part rice so it would be 6 cups water to 3 cups rise (read the direction's on the bag or box it should tell you but if you have thrown it away, use that for a guideline.)

Anonymous