Yes, Infared cooking is safe for your health. All types of cooking can cause burns, and of course the foods you choose to cook will determine whether or not a meal is healthy, That said, the word "infrared" is being used in two different ways. Infrared is the wave spectrum between visible and microwave, so any heat that you can feel but not see (including the hot air on a sunny day) is infrared. Infrared cooking refers to cooking by transfering heat to the food being cooked directly through the air molecules separating the heating element to the food. It it one of three ways of conventional cooking :conduction, like frying (heat transfers from hot metal), convention, like baking or boiling (the air or water around the food is heated first,then transfers the heat to the food), and infrared, like the infared grills or the common household toaster or broiler (cooks by directing the excited molecules directly at the food). Toasters and broilers use very high temperatures to create heat (infrared energy) which cooks the food. The new infrared cookers and grills work the same way, but the new technology makes it more efficient than toasters and broilers are. Since infrared cookers and grills generate higher temperatures than other cooking methods, it is important to follow all safety practices. Infrared cooking is not new. The only health issues involved with the new technology is increased danger of burns due to high temperatures and any danger associated with eating burned food (since food cooks quicker it must be watched carefully).
The truth is after the Germans found out the microwave reduced nutrients in vegetables 40 to 60% and turned red meat into a toxic carcinogen they never used them. After the war Russia and the U.S.A. Divided up the spoils. One of them being microwave ovens. They made them 500 watts so it would be safe. Today they are 1100 to 1500 watts. The REAL PROBLEM is that you get cancer of the small intestine from long term use. If you try to get better you can't get any real help from food because the small intestine too sick. Hope this helps. Good luck, Gary
Microwave cooking is not safe. You are not going to die from using it once or twice of course which is why no one pays attention but as the buildup of toxins and chemicals occurs in your intestines from using the microwave on a daily basis over years - you highly increase your chance of some trouble. By exposing the molecules of the food to such high energy radiation in such a quick time period, microwaves cause chemical mutation in the structure of the cells - and you eat this. As far as cooking is concerned- raw is always healthiest, followed by lightly steamed, then all other methods basically destroy the structure of the food. So I would say infrared is def safer than a microwave as the rays are closer to standard heat and not as intense as a microwave, but I don't know this for sure. Only time will tell.
Yes far infrared cooking is safe and also more healthier for you than microwave cooking -- I ditched my microwave years ago . I've also researched far infrared cooking and various other appliances on the internet and come up with a lot of interesting infowww.earthtym.net . Check out this site . I also researched infrared convection cookers and settled on a sunpenten cooker oven because I can buy replacement parts for it if any part of it breaks down as apposed to a different cooker / oven that you would have to junk and throw out if it quit working . You can also get a complete infrared oven -- they are more pricier though but I am sure worth it. I hope this helps you out some ( vegan / raw and loving it )
Ah, when you say Germans, you understand the test they did in the 30's and 40's where the world got this secret, Microwave's. Yea Nazi's they always told the truth. Microwaves, yea you get more electro magnetic radiation from sitting in front of your computer than eating foods from your microwave. Hey Einsteins once it’s out of your microwave there no more radiation. As far as inferred cooking, yes it’s safe as safe as any cooked coming from your over. It’s what you eat and how you cook it. Case in point take a nice fresh piece of organic zucchini, and fry it in vegetable oil and guess what you just made it unhealthy…
If wasting energy makes cooking safe then infrared is certainly safer than microwaves. When you convert fuel to heat and from heat to electricity and then convert electricity back to heat you have wasted several times as much energy as if you had just used a gas stove in the first place.
There are two types of people who "know" that microwave ovens (and electromagnetic fields for that matter) are unsafe: 1) people who fear what they don't understand and 2) people who have something to gain - like those who sell infrared ovens.
There is no need to take my word for this, the World Health Organization website discusses the safety of microwave ovens on their web site: www.who.int
It is interesting to note some of their advice: "temperature-sensitive tissue like the testes, have a higher risk of heat damage". I guess you know what not to put in the oven if you want to be safe.