SIMPLE MARROW SOUP: (good recipe but the soups is lousy)
- 1 marrow
- 2 onions
- garlic (optional, use as much as you like)
- any other unused veg lurking in the fridge
- stock (fresh or a cube)
- Chop and deseed marrow, chop other veg, saute in butter or olive for 5 mins, add stock and season with salt, pepper and mixed herbs.
- When everything is cooked through cool and liquidise. The marrow makes the soup quite creamy but you can swirl in some cream if desired. Add a little chilli sauce to spice up the soup.
- Another variation is to chop the veg into quite small pieces and cook in the same way, but do not liquidise or add cream, instead add some cooked rice or soup noodles/mini pasta.