As for eating Moldy Cantaloupe or any other fruits or vegetables. If there is mold spots on the outer side, just cut it off and the fruit/ vegetable should be fine to eat. I have personally cut molded spots off of just about every fruit/ vegetable grown, and used the rest of the fruit/ vegetable. I have never had any bad taste or any illnesses to come from it. The moldy taste may have been from the way it was grown. You should always wash it good after cutting the molded spots off, this to remove any residue from it before eating.
I was cutting up a cantaloupe and I noticed it tasted moldy, maybe from the outer skin as I cut into it. Am I going to get ill from it?
I wouldn't think you should eat any food with mold on it, much less cantaloupe.