No, wheat bread does not contain egg as an ingredient. Here's a simple recipe to make wheat bread at home (it doesn't involve eggs at all):
- 1 cup warm water
- 2 teaspoons active dry yeast
- 1 cup milk
- 1/4 cup honey
- 2 tablespoons of canola oil
- 2 3/4 cups all purpose flour
- 2 3/4 cups whole wheat flour
- 1 tablespoon salt
How to make wheat bread
- Pour the water into a bowl and sprinkle the yeast over the top. Leave to stand for a few minutes.
- Add the milk, honey and oil to the water and stir.
- Add the all purpose flour, the wheat flour, and the salt. Stir into the water. Leave to stand for 20 minutes.
- Knead the dough for approximately 10 minutes.
- Roll the dough into a ball and coat with oil. Cover the dough and leave it to rise in a warm spot for 90 minutes.
- Divide the dough in two and shape into new balls. Leave to rest for 10 minutes.
- Grease two pans and shape the dough balls into loaves. Leave to rise again for approximately 40 minutes.
- Pre-heat the over to Gas Mark 7 (220C).
- Cute the top of the loaves of with a serrated knife.
- Place the loaves into the oven and immediately turn down to Gas Mark 5 (190C).
- Bake for 30-35 minutes.